- Nothing to eat/drink or by mouth including gum and mints 6 hours prior to your arrival time for your procedure.
- Take all of your normal medicines except diabetic medications the day of the procedure with a sip of water.
- Do not drink alcohol the day before your procedure.
- Do drink plenty of water the day before your procedure.
- Make sure you have someone to drive you home the day of your procedure. You will not be allowed to drive after receiving an anesthetic.
- Wear loose-fitting clothing so that we may be able to easily apply cardiac monitors as well as please do not wear dark fingernail polish as it may interfere with the monitors.
Thank you in advance for abiding by these instructions. It is our goal to make the Anesthesia as safe and pleasant as possible.